Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hilux 2.4td denso ve pump
10-10-2019, 06:21 PM
RE: hilux 2.4td denso ve pump
thanks, looking on the net the pumps look quite different apart from being electronic the part that is marked as the spill control valve equates to being in the same place as the cut off solenoid on mine does this do the same job or has it a completely different way of working
as far as Im aware the only filter on my pump is the one in the return banjo which i drilled out because it was so clogged up and also with being manual theres no rpm sensor either
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2019, 11:25 PM
I seem to recall that the mechanical Denso VE has a filter in the feed to the high pressure pumpig element.

I'm not sure if this is in the bottom of the hole that the stop solenoid fits into, or, in the drilling that allows the fuel to pass from the pump body to the fill port of the pump element, or if this is a false memory generated by the mis-use of alcohol.
15-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Well got replacement pump running sunday evening on veg/petrol mix and everything bolted back together and on the rosd again this evening not a job i would fancy repeating too often i must say as things are rather cramped around the pump
The new pump was about 7 years older than mine and didnt have a second solenoid like mine and the electrical connectors had different plugs and wiring configurations so ive just wired up the stop solenoid and connected the lda boost compensator straight to manifold boost only downside is the turbo light is on all the time aswell as the glowpluglight presumably its thrown a wobbler due to the non connected emissions valves etc and i must say it appears to pull better than my original pump maybe ive luckily hit the pumps sweet spot when i bolted it up
Concerned about the slight reddish film deposit on top of my last mann filter ive put a 90l plastic tank i had in the rear bed to run off whilst i get the time to drop the fuel tank and inspect it inside