Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Blending in common rails
14-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Post: #71
RE: Blending in common rails
(12-02-2020 11:52 PM)ManxViking Wrote:  Hi all,




After coming back to the uk I've been watching youtube to get some more ideas and it seems this system is excellent for vehicles running on SVO or WVO or people blending. Claims of a 20-30% increase in mpg is regularly discussed with some running larger engines on 40% water!! Going to try that to see if it reduces my oil filling up because of the DPF when close to service and any potential ring gumming.

Dave

An increase of 20-30% in mpg sounds extremely optimistic to me.

Do they say what the 40% is of, ie :- is it 40%, the amount of fuel used?

If 40% is water, what is the other 60%?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2020, 11:28 PM
Post: #72
RE: Blending in common rails
I think the 40% is water to fuel ratio. I'd consider getting a water injection kit if you can get a 30% increase in mpg.

2002 Volvo S60 D5
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)