Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
citroen berlingo
12-11-2007, 12:20 AM
citroen berlingo
hi, another newbie, joining up because im interested, more forced into it i guess through our government wanting us to use alternative fuels and i want to save money on driving..

searching through the net for a couple of days now and i get the most part of what i need to do but still have a few questions i haven\'t found through searching for hours..

my main concern is my injectors and fuel pump, i have a delphi fuel pump but unsure on my injector make, i have a 1.9D 2002

if a use a vegetable oil separate tank and pre heat the oil before going into my oil pump will i be ok ? is that enough to ensure i\'ll be fine ?

a 6 way pollak valve is also the same as 2 3way valves too right ? both will divert flow and return of SVO and petroldiesel, or am i wrong in thinking 2 3way valves would be as good as a pollak

how far can i run a SVO fuel line, could i make a coil, a mini coil and stick that in a small tank, heated through engine pipes (heater matrix pipes) before getting to the original fuel filter/fuel pump ? i dont like the idea of using a hot water heat exchanger used for central heating boilers because they split a lot in boilers, mixing central heating with hot water when in a boiler, so if used for my van, the last thing i want is water mixing with SVO and

[Image: HE3a_small.jpg]

this type of heater doesnt look big enough to do anything.

does copper/brass/steel effect SVO ?

using SVO do i need a heated filter and/or a filter that extracts water using SVO ?

is it a bad idea heating the SVO fuel tank with an electric element just like a deep fat fryer or would that be too much for a diesel to cope with on start up..

or can the fuel pump cope with pulling cold SVO through fuel lines before getting to heat exchangers..

thanks for any help in advance Smile
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
citroen berlingo
Wow, why not just ask....Big Grin Hi and welcome. firstly all the information you require is already available via the search engine, but I will go thru some of your points for the benefit of others who are also unsure. you have the worst injector pump for veg oil use possible, so it must be done right and twin tanked properly. I can only give you my views, but most of this is common knowledge It is more common to use your original tank for the vegoil and then fit a smaller say 15ltr tank for start up diesel, though you can do it the otherway round if you have room for a large veg tank. heating the tank is unecessary and will be a great drain on the battery. heated filters and electric heaters are not much use either. the best heat EXchanger is the flat plate type as in the picture and the only thing better is the combi one, and Ive not seen one split when used for this as the pressures are nowhere near as big as in the boiler situation. there is argument on the use of copper etc, but I have had no issues with it. I prefer 3 way valves to pollack valves so that answers that, but you will need to loop the returns. If you are gonna use waste oil you may have to up the size of the fuel line a bit. there should be no water in the oil you use, but most filters have a water catch facility...cheers

Retired vehicle builder/painter/engineer/GRP.  All posts are just my own views and not instructions. e3msb[steve] 98 Range Rover DSE P38 Auto on Veg/bio. 93 Golf 1.9tdi/veg. Gulf stream RV,cummins 5.9Turbo.bio. Aixam micro car/veg. Smalley lister vintage digger/veg/ Austin A35 van/petrol. home heating veg/oil. Petter genny veg/bio.

Holmfirth. West Yorkshire.
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
citroen berlingo
Quote:Originally posted by mickie
hi, another newbie, joining up because im interested, more forced into it i guess through our government wanting us to use alternative fuels and i want to save money on driving..

searching through the net for a couple of days now and i get the most part of what i need to do but still have a few questions i haven\'t found through searching for hours..

my main concern is my injectors and fuel pump, i have a delphi fuel pump but unsure on my injector make, i have a 1.9D 2002

if a use a vegetable oil separate tank and pre heat the oil before going into my oil pump will i be ok ? is that enough to ensure i\'ll be fine ?

a 6 way pollak valve is also the same as 2 3way valves too right ? both will divert flow and return of SVO and petroldiesel, or am i wrong in thinking 2 3way valves would be as good as a pollak

how far can i run a SVO fuel line, could i make a coil, a mini coil and stick that in a small tank, heated through engine pipes (heater matrix pipes) before getting to the original fuel filter/fuel pump ? i dont like the idea of using a hot water heat exchanger used for central heating boilers because they split a lot in boilers, mixing central heating with hot water when in a boiler, so if used for my van, the last thing i want is water mixing with SVO and

[Image: HE3a_small.jpg]

this type of heater doesnt look big enough to do anything.

does copper/brass/steel effect SVO ?

using SVO do i need a heated filter and/or a filter that extracts water using SVO ?

is it a bad idea heating the SVO fuel tank with an electric element just like a deep fat fryer or would that be too much for a diesel to cope with on start up..

or can the fuel pump cope with pulling cold SVO through fuel lines before getting to heat exchangers..

thanks for any help in advance Smile

sure as eggs, it\'ll be a DW8, Direct-Injection engine.....

Maybe even a Common-Railer too....

You\'ll need to describe Exactly what engine and fuel-system you have--Best by Pictures.....Smile

If its a std. Delphi DPC pump-Its Twin-Tank only.

As its Di, Its Twin-Tank only.

If its Common-Rail, it will be very difficult to convert if you dont know Exactly what you\'re doing....Sad

Swansea Used Cooking Oil Collection

G.L. type 180Litre Processor, WBD, settle, filter and enjoy!

DONT BELIEVE THE CLIMATE-CHANGE and CO2 LIES -JUST A WAY TO TAX YOU EXTRA, AND PASS EVER MORE CONTROLLING LAWS ON YOUR LIVES!

--Courtesy --Unelected E.U. DICTATORSHIP

[b] "The 21st Century is when it all changes....
--And you've got to be ready...."

[Image: OBK24B-AM.jpg]

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

Make sure your tinfoil hat has a good connection to ground. Laugh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2007, 06:59 PM
citroen berlingo
from this site
http://www.biomotors.co.uk/CarsVans.html

it says i cant use a twin tank system on there

so this is defo posible tho using a hot water heat exchanger ? and also running the SVO through heater matrix pipes, getting the SVO upto 50c before letting it through my fuel pump, it wont clog up my poor pump up after a few thousand mile ? thats enough to ensure they heat up enough

im also unsure about my injectors, im sure i read i need to check mine before using the oil or replace them ? is this true

sorry for the questions, i\'m probably asking more because i wanna make my own, not buy a kit.. a lot of the parts i can get for nothing being a gas fitter and all..

thanks Smile
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
citroen berlingo
[Image: DSC00446.jpg]

[Image: DSCF6451.jpg]

[Image: DSCF6467.jpg]

[Image: DSCF6468.jpg]

this type of system without the heated filter would work for me ?
[Image: standard_twin-tank_layout.gif]

thanks
12-11-2007, 11:10 PM
citroen berlingo
With that pump I would expect the engine to be IDI.
13-11-2007, 01:03 PM
citroen berlingo
Quote:Originally posted by mickie
[Image: DSC00446.jpg]

this type of system without the heated filter would work for me ?
[Image: standard_twin-tank_layout.gif]

thanks

According to my data, That pump is fitted to the DW8, which if I recall correctly is the Direct-Injection engine...(DWLP11, DWLP13)--I havent checked the 8448 B 371C number against that in my Delphi-Direct though....

The \'PSA\' number is usually good enoughWink

It lists the vehicle as having this pump from 2000-2004 model years. The only other option for those years is a DW8 fitted with a Bosch--Which it aint.....Sad

DONT BELIEVE THE CLIMATE-CHANGE and CO2 LIES -JUST A WAY TO TAX YOU EXTRA, AND PASS EVER MORE CONTROLLING LAWS ON YOUR LIVES!

13-11-2007, 01:09 PM
citroen berlingo
Yup-Its the DW8...

The DW8 is InDirect Injection...(Well-Spotted OldGit-Your eyesight aint That bad yet!)

See here-
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206...bb16k3.htm

Apparently its the younger better brother of the XUD9, with --\'Cylinder head with ADVANCED COMET RICARDO latest technology precombustion chamber (identical to engine TUD5)

So, Theoretically, you \'Could\' change the pump for the Bosch equivalent IF you can find one from a DW8....Doubt that from the XUD would fit.

13-11-2007, 04:17 PM
citroen berlingo
so thats sort of good news haha.. thanks for finding that out even tho most of it went straight over my head.. :P

with a bosch pump could i stick 50/50 in my tank ? and with the pump i have now, need to have a twin tank set up which should be ok with my pump ? right

cheers for the help, High Compression II Smile

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/conversionkits.html
this link totally puts me of wanting to go through with it

[Edited on 13-11-2007 by mickie]
13-11-2007, 06:42 PM
citroen berlingo
the twin tank would probly cover it....the 50/50 is definitly a gamble but a better chance with a bosch....forget the heated filter and go for a big flat plate HXchanger.....Smile

Retired vehicle builder/painter/engineer/GRP.  All posts are just my own views and not instructions. e3msb[steve] 98 Range Rover DSE P38 Auto on Veg/bio. 93 Golf 1.9tdi/veg. Gulf stream RV,cummins 5.9Turbo.bio. Aixam micro car/veg. Smalley lister vintage digger/veg/ Austin A35 van/petrol. home heating veg/oil. Petter genny veg/bio.

Holmfirth. West Yorkshire.