Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
recklessness
23-11-2012, 08:51 PM
recklessness
Suppose that\'s better than riding up the stairs tangled to a listeroid like some kind of Welsh Captain Ahab. \"To the last I grapple with thee!\"

Biodiesel car history over 100k:
Merc ML270 (CR), Saab 95 2.2TID (VP44), Fiat Grande Punto Sporting 1.9 JTDm (CR), Volvo V40 Sport Lux (CR), VW Passat (PD130), 2x Nissan Largos 2.0ETi (VP37), Mitsubishi Delica 2.8TDI (Bosch VE)
Biodiesel wiki & forum - Used cooking oil collection Southampton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 08:56 PM
recklessness
[rquote=393693&tid=34710&author=jamesrl][rquote=393691&tid=34710&author=High Compression II]

If I could work out methane from waste, I\'d tell the British gas were to go as well....

[/rquote]

Just stick a pipe up y\'jacksy and fart in to a gas bag, they did it in the last war to run motas on.[/rquote]

Some of us just aint as full of Hot Air as others.....Baddevil

Swansea Used Cooking Oil Collection

G.L. type 180Litre Processor, WBD, settle, filter and enjoy!

DONT BELIEVE THE CLIMATE-CHANGE and CO2 LIES -JUST A WAY TO TAX YOU EXTRA, AND PASS EVER MORE CONTROLLING LAWS ON YOUR LIVES!

--Courtesy --Unelected E.U. DICTATORSHIP

[b] "The 21st Century is when it all changes....
--And you've got to be ready...."

[Image: OBK24B-AM.jpg]

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

Make sure your tinfoil hat has a good connection to ground. Laugh
23-11-2012, 08:58 PM
recklessness
[rquote=393697&tid=34710&author=High Compression II]
Some of us just aint as full of Hot Air as others.....Baddevil[/rquote]

Noe that IS a moot point.

Slightly modified GL with 3 x 2 stage eductors,
MKI squirrel,
2x pumps,
quad condenser and a SHHE

Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 09:30 PM
recklessness
[rquote=393675&tid=34710&author=High Compression II]No mention of BioDiesel......

The guy had a petrol generator suspended by ropes from the ceiling, with a load of petrol cans and a car-battery underneath, in a flat in a high-rise....

I do know as one rule of council tenancy is that you are not allowed any \'Petrol Engines\' or Petrol in any house or flat.

--Say Nothing however about Diesel!

Now, Can I get a Listeroid up the three flights of stairs and onto me balcony!Info

.Edited on 23-11-2012 by High Compression II][/rquote]

petrol generator? now that is reckless.
24-11-2012, 04:48 AM
recklessness
Are there any more details about this case out there on the web ?
I\'m thinking it\'s not possible to recklessly generate electricity ??
Using petrol, running an engine or whatever from a fire risk or carbon monoxide risk all well and good .
He\'d have to comply with the regs for the electricity of course. How did they catch him? Probably due his leccy bill being so low for a few weeks. I can\'t see it being cheaper for him to run a Genny on petrol anyway once you involve maintenance etc.

The L200 (4d56 2006) seems to be running nice on WVO/Dino blend Up to 90% runs well but a bit more reluctant to start. - L200 gone.<br />no veg mobile Sad<br />Africa Twin 650-not on veg.<br />Chinese midi tractor on and off the veg.<br />NOTE: Just because I'm an Admin please don't assume that means I know anything. Smile
24-11-2012, 09:31 AM
recklessness
[rquote=393691&tid=34710&author=High Compression II]Seeing I\'m paying around £25 quid a week on leccy Ive actually seriously considered making a small generator with a tiny water-cooled diesel, shove it all in summit like an old fridge case and shoving that next to the freezer on the balcony....

A cupboard full of batteries and inverter, there yer go![/rquote]

Like the idea of a small diesel genny.

Would love to have something similar, but itd have to be secret squirrel, cause of the neighbours. Hippy

http://ambervalleyoilcollection.webs.com/
24-11-2012, 12:35 PM
recklessness
Main issue of a small generator installation like that would be a noise/vibration issue. Exhaust shouldn\'t be a problem if done correctly,--I\'m on top floor so a nice pipe straight up above the guttering should get the gasses away...

Anti-Noise/noise cancellation could be used I suppose--which is a sort of predictive electronic derived sound in anti-phase to the gen. sound, and fed out through a speaker, that effectively cancells out the perceived noise...
--This technique does work, although needs careful set up to be properly effective...

Vibration could be fairly well controlled if carefully designed--Guess thats what the guy above was up to, by suspending the gen by ropes....
--I think a spring/shock suspension inside a steel enclosure would be better though...

So long as I don\'t cause much noise, doubt my neighbours would care at all--They all know I\'m a total eccentric anyway, and would put it down to just another mad-cap plan!Dork
--I\'m always the one they call if they have some kind of problem anyway!Cool

DONT BELIEVE THE CLIMATE-CHANGE and CO2 LIES -JUST A WAY TO TAX YOU EXTRA, AND PASS EVER MORE CONTROLLING LAWS ON YOUR LIVES!

[b] &quot;The 21st Century is when it all changes....
--And you've got to be ready....&quot;

24-11-2012, 12:39 PM
recklessness
the way to deal with the vibration has been tested for you -

just hang it from the ceiling with ropes!

: )

For custom cnc cut instrument panels, see - http://www.thebeast.co.uk

Collections website - http://www.devon-used-cooking-oil-collection.co.uk
24-11-2012, 12:44 PM
recklessness
Hmm--Several 10\'s of Kg of diesel generator suspended by ropes in me living-room, while fun doesnt really appeal...

Asthetically it would be great,--more interesting than a sectioned V8 coffee table-- but doubt I would get it past \'The Powers That Be\'!

[b] &quot;The 21st Century is when it all changes....
--And you've got to be ready....&quot;

24-11-2012, 05:24 PM
recklessness
If you\'re on the top florr you may as well put the genny on the roof. I was thinking of mounting mine on old scooter springs Smile

'88 Defender with Mazda HA engine (Perkins 4.182) twin tanked.

13000+ miles on wvo