Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What pump for Eco2pure
08-02-2009, 09:18 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
Hi All
As the post said what pump do you use for ecopure towers.I have been using a Tam 105 to pump through 3ft x 3in tower made from plastic pipes, (jamesrl style ) then into a 10in 1 micron filter and using a ball valve to restrict the flow to 1-2 ltrs a min. I think this is putting to much strain on the pump any ideas ?
Cheers

3.0l Toyota Surf running Veg summer B100 winter.
Nissan Primastar running B100.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2009, 09:30 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
What ive done is after the pump put a t piece each with a ball valve one goes to the filter/eco the other goes via braided hose back to the tank,the pump can run a full bore while you adjust the lts per min that go to the filter the rest just returns to the tank
Keith

Real time 50/50<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8TvqnuOCc
08-02-2009, 09:41 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
I used a central heating bypass valve (about £6 from bes), you can then set the pressure into your dry wash tower between 0.1 and 0.6 bar. Works well for me on a 3ft by 6in tower

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Clip Top Drum GL processor,
Pug 307 HDi, BMW 318 TDs (sold), Discovery 200TDi &amp; Transit on B100
08-02-2009, 11:06 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
Had thought about using a bypass but thought it would stir up the soap and sediment at the bottom of my settling drum.
How do you return to main tank without stirring it up ?

08-02-2009, 11:07 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
I have been using a central heating pump.

Vessel is smaller than yours though (10L).
The flow on speed 3 is generally too much for the rated
flow, when eco+filter are clean but can be easily throttled by turning a valve down, or switching onto speed 2.

TAM\'s probably a bit big for the job, but could easily be managed with any of the bypass methods above, particularly like the central heating bypass method above, and this is exactly what we do at work with big variable flow heating sytems (where rads have TRV\'s on) to protect the pump.

Mark

Location - Leeds, West Yorkshire

1998 Saxo/Pug 106 1.5D B100 Lucas/Bosch pumps -B100 - Sold
2001 Peugeot 206 1.9D (Bosch) - B100/SVO
2005 Volvo XC90 D5 on B100
1961 Landrover series 2 - 300TDI B100 and SVO/WVO - Sold
1997 Landrover Defender 90 - 300TDI biodiesel and SVO.

2 stage KOH Tit'less reaction/5% pre-wash/demeth/settle
08-02-2009, 11:23 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
if you are using a vessel that holds less than 3kgs of eco, a pump is a bad idea, and you would be best on gravity. This is because the eco can only handle the bio at a certain amount per kilo, and forcing it thru faster will not get a good filtering. If the tower or whatever you use cant give a decent flow with the bio at room temp...20c...then it has become bocked with soap or fats and needs to be changed. Using a pump when the media is getting blocked only makes it worse, and puts more strain on the pump. Putting in a bypass will help relieve the pressure on the pump, but wont make the eco work any better. After spending quite a few hours with using eco over a few weeks I am now firmly convinced that temperature is what is important to keep the flow going, and I now use gravity in a very crude way, by just running the bio thru an open topped plant pot, and the eco is doing all it says on the box. For a small batch bio plant the 20\" filter cartridge works well, but only holds one kilo, but that should filter 5/6oolts of bio, and is easy to change, and only costs about £60 complete. Probably the best way of all for home brewers making decent size batches is the 4\' length of 4\" soil pipe, which can be built for about the same money or less, and used on gravity, and tank pressure.

Retired vehicle builder/painter/engineer/GRP.  All posts are just my own views and not instructions. e3msb[steve] 98 Range Rover DSE P38 Auto on Veg/bio. 93 Golf 1.9tdi/veg. Gulf stream RV,cummins 5.9Turbo.bio. Aixam micro car/veg. Smalley lister vintage digger/veg/ Austin A35 van/petrol. home heating veg/oil. Petter genny veg/bio.

Holmfirth. West Yorkshire.
08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
I like the ch bypass idea as wellStarhit
My return goes to a snorkel shaped pipe so it exits on the top just under the surface
Keith

Real time 50/50<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8TvqnuOCc
08-02-2009, 11:57 AM
What pump for Eco2pure
The pipe I use measures 4in, Not 3in as stated before.
So I will increase the length to 4 ft, get a smaller ch pump, or bypass valve, and as K.H suggests use a snorkel to return to Main tank.
Cheers.
Going to the boot sale now to see what I can find.

08-02-2009, 12:53 PM
What pump for Eco2pure
I use gravity, takes a little longer but gives a superb result.

Why does it have to be hurried? I always have 50ltr in hand, just get yourself one batch in front.

Slightly modified GL with 3 x 2 stage eductors,
MKI squirrel,
2x pumps,
quad condenser and a SHHE

08-02-2009, 01:37 PM
What pump for Eco2pure
BOOT SALE, I wish, lol Too blooming cold for boot sales me thinks. Beatdeadhorse

http://ambervalleyoilcollection.webs.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user